Association of Scientists, Developers and Faculties is a leading organisation pioneering and supporting Research and Development activities globally with the Headquarters in India. ASDF operates in Thailand, South Korea and the United Kingdom. South Korea, United Kingdom and Thailand division are looking for two highly active, analytical and intelligent Student Interns excelling in academics and thriving for the quest of International exposure.
The ASDF internship programme has three objectives: (a) to provide a framework for assigning students from diverse academic backgrounds to ASDF programmes, where educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments; (b) to expose students to the work of ASDF and (c) to provide ASDF programmes with the assistance of students specializing in various fields. Most students are placed in international research-related programmes, although placements in other areas of work like for example communication, external relations, finance or human resources are also possible subject to the qualification of the students and availability of mentors.
Students Hired during the PANDEMIC period will work REMOTELY.
Description of Duties
Under the supervision of a technical expert in the respective area, interns are assigned a project based on agreed terms of references and in line with their skills set. These terms of references typically include some or all of the following responsibilities:
- review literature and conduct literature surveys
- undertake web research and data collection on the specific subject area
- organize data and documents
- participate in the development of tools and guidelines
- assist in drafting, formatting and editing policy briefs, tool kits, guides/manuals, hand-outs, brochures and reports
- assist in organizing workshops, meetings, conferences, events
- participate in on-going departmental projects
Have completed three years of full-time studies (bachelor’s level or equivalent) at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment; AND be enrolled in a course of study at a university or equivalent institution leading to a formal qualification (applicants who have already graduated may also qualify for consideration provided that they apply to the internship no later than six months after graduation).
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural difference
All interns should be able to demonstrate the following skills in line with the ASDF core competencies:
- Communicating effectively orally and in writing
- Showing a willingness to learn from mistakes
- Producing and delivering quality results
- Working collaboratively with team members
In addition, interns need to be familiar with commonly used computer programmes, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of specialized computer programmes may be an advantage.
Depending on the area of interest, the below experience may be needed and/or would be an advantage.
- Experience in research and/or in drafting reports
- Experience in the subject area through academic work or research
- Field and/or developing country experience
- Experience with data analysis, statistical packages and interest in the design of graphical display and analysis of information in an international comparative perspective
- More specific experience such as specialized computer programmes
- Excellent English language skills
- Fluency in one of ASDF’s working languages (reading, writing and speaking) and local correspondence language is a must. ASDF official languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish
- Knowledge of the local language in some duty stations can be an asset
- Please note that internships at ASDF are very competitive and only a small number of applicants will be accepted every year. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Living abroad is expensive and finding accommodation can be challenging. All intern candidates should be aware of these factors before they consider applying for an ASDF Internship.
- The exact amount of the subsistence allowance will be calculated for each intern, after selection, based on a financial disclosure form that they will complete.
- ASDF also provides all interns with an accident and medical insurance coverage.
- If selected for an ASDF Internship, candidates will be required to provide certified copies of proof of enrollment in a course of studies and a medical certificate of fitness for work.
- Interns are not eligible for appointment to consultant positions in ASDF for a period of three months following the end of the internship. However, no such restriction applies to temporary or longer-term staff positions if the vacancy has been advertised and a competitive process completed.