The central criterion in the assessment of proposals for new Centers of Excellence is the quality of the proposed research. Applications must outline plans for highly ambitious research and contain original ideas with the potential to lead to real breakthroughs. This process of application for Center of Excellence recognition and grants is only for serious applicants who are with the base of a Institute or University or Non-Governmental Organization or Medium and Large Enterprises.
The ASDF Board will emphasize the following dimensions:
- The research idea is ambitious and original and has the potential for real scientific breakthroughs in the relevant scientific field(s).
- The proposed center leader has a high standing in the international scientific community as well as managerial skills.
- The center includes high-quality personnel in order to establish a creative and dynamic international research environment that will provide an inspirational training ground for young scientists.
- The focus, structure, and size of the proposed center is such that it sets the stage for scientific ventures that are not feasible within conventional funding from other sources.
- The applicant’s affiliation standing by time.